General Audition Information
Auditions: Monday, April 30, by appointment only at 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm
Please fill in the webform below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-874-7554 to make an appointment. You will receive a confirmation email shortly. If you need to cancel your appointment, please email email@example.com or call 888-875-7554.
- Audition Location: Unity Somerville, 6 William St, Somerville, MA 02144
- Audition Sides: Please review the character descriptions and audition sides (PDF) before your audition.
- Audition Form: Please fill out the audition form (PDF) and bring it with you. Resumes and headshots may be attached to your form, but are not required. Additional copies of the audition form will be available at auditions.
- Audition Materials: Please prepare a 1-minute (or less) dramatic monologue.
- Audition Format: When your audition time arrives, you will be called into the hall with the other members of your audition group. Please take a seat. The directors will introduce themselves and then assign you sides for cold readings. You will have a few minutes to look over the sides before being called to perform them. The directors may stop you during the scene to re-direct—this is not an indication that what you are doing is wrong, simply that she is giving you the opportunity to show her something more. Most actors will read two scenes. Every attempt will be made to let you read for parts of specific interest, as noted on your audition sheet. We understand that auditions are nerve-wracking—we want you to relax, have fun, and have every opportunity to show us what you can do.
- Notification: You will be notified, one way or another, by Saturday, May 5, at 5pm. If you have given us an email address, we will use that to notify you. If not, we will call you at the number you have provided. Please make sure that your contact information is legible. If you have not heard from us by that time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Show
by August Strindberg
directed by J. Deschene
In the kitchen of a Swedish Count's manor house, on the magic of a Midsummer's Eve, the free-spirited and strong-willed Miss Julie is after one thing: the affections of her father's valet, John. Getting what she wants, however, becomes a slippery slope into double standards, manipulation, and questions of "morality" and "decency." Written in 1889 by famed cynic, August Strindberg, Miss Julie's meaning can now be seen in a very different way, and as such it serves as a very different kind of warning for today's audience.
About the Director
J. Deschene is excited to be doing another Bare Bones show! No stranger to the series, her first Bare Bones play was 2017's Agnes of God. She's also directed two mainstage shows: The Trojan Women (2014) and Lysistrata (2013). Onstage, she has been seen as "Lady Bracknell" in The Importance of Being Earnest (2015) and "Lady Catherine de Bourgh" in Pride & Prejudice (2012).
The One and Only Performance will be held Thursday, May 31, at Unity Somerville, 6 William Street, Somerville MA 02144.
Rehearsals: Rehearsals will generally take place in Davis Square on weeknights 7-10 pm, weekend afternoons, and/or Sunday evenings 7-10 pm.
Conflicts: Please be sure to indicate all potential conflicts on the audition form. Every attempt will be made to accommodate conflicts, but once the schedule is set, it is very hard to adjust it. If you do not have your calendar available at auditions, you may email email@example.com with additional conflict information.
Mailing List: If you would prefer not to be included on our mailing list and notified of upcoming productions and auditions, please make a note on the audition form.
Feedback: We try to make our auditions as smooth and pleasant as possible. If you have comments or questions regarding the process, please speak to one of our staff, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.