General Audition Information
Auditions: Tuesday, August 22, by appointment only at 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm
Please fill in the webform below, email email@example.com or call 1-888-874-7554 to make an appointment. You will receive a confirmation email shortly. If you need to cancel your appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-875-7554.
- Audition Location: Unity Somerville, 6 William St, Somerville, MA 02144
- Audition Sides (coming soon!): Please review the audition sides (PDF) before your audition.
- Audition Form: Please fill out the audition form (PDF) and bring it with you. Resumes and headshots may be attached to your form, but are not required. Additional copies of the audition form will be available at auditions.
- Audition Format: When your audition time arrives, you will be called into the hall with the other members of your audition group. Please take a seat. The directors will introduce themselves and then assign you sides for cold readings. You will have a few minutes to look over the sides before being called to perform them. The directors may stop you during the scene to re-direct—this is not an indication that what you are doing is wrong, simply that she is giving you the opportunity to show her something more. Most actors will read two scenes. Every attempt will be made to let you read for parts of specific interest, as noted on your audition sheet. We understand that auditions are nerve-wracking—we want you to relax, have fun, and have every opportunity to show us what you can do.
- Notification: You will be notified, one way or another, by Saturday, August 26th, at 5pm. If you have given us an email address, we will use that to notify you. If not, we will call you at the number you have provided. Please make sure that your contact information is legible. If you have not heard from us by that time, please email email@example.com.
About the Show
Love, Loss, and What I Wore
by Nora and Delia Ephron
directed by Santiago Rivas
What we wear, or used to wear, can be more than colors, patterns, and fabrics. They can be a time capsule, a scrapbook, to our most intimate memories. A dance. A birth. A funeral. All the coming-of-age insanity that defines us. From the mind that created "When Harry Met Sally" and "Sleepless in Seattle," and based on the book by Ilene Beckerman, five women relive such moments through a series of monologues and ensemble pieces. They laugh and cry as they talk about childhood, high heels, motherhood, wedding dresses, cancer, surviving rape, and why we wear black.
The One and Only Performance will be held Thursday, September 28th, at Unity Somerville, 6 William Street, Somerville MA 02144.
Rehearsals: Rehearsals will generally take place in Davis Square on weeknights 7-10 pm, weekend afternoons, and/or Sunday evenings 7-10 pm.
Conflicts: Please be sure to indicate all potential conflicts on the audition form. Every attempt will be made to accommodate conflicts, but once the schedule is set, it is very hard to adjust it. If you do not have your calendar available at auditions, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org with additional conflict information.
Mailing List: If you would prefer not to be included on our mailing list and notified of upcoming productions and auditions, please make a note on the audition form.
Feedback: We try to make our auditions as smooth and pleasant as possible. If you have comments or questions regarding the process, please speak to one of our staff, or email email@example.com.