General Audition Information
Auditions: July 9th & 10th, by appointment only (slots at 7pm, 8pm and 9pm)
Auditions are by appointment only. Please fill in the webform at the bottom of this page to make an appointment. You will receive a confirmation email shortly. If you have additional questions, need to cancel your appointment, or the webform doesn't work for you, please email email@example.com.
- Audition Location: Unity Somerville, 6 William Street, Somerville.
Please note that parking is by permit only on William St. General parking is available on College Ave. Please read signs carefully to avoid ticketing.
- Audition Preparation: Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. You are not required to prepare a monologue. Familiarity with the play is strongly encouraged. Your headshot and resume are welcome, but not required.
Cross-casting will be considered although the genders of the characters must remain male. All women are welcome to audition.
While this play takes place in Germany, it will not be performed with German accents.
- Audition Information: For complete audition information, including full character descriptions and show requirements, please read through the audition information sheet. Please take the time to read it thoroughly.
- Audition Form: Please fill out the audition form and bring it with you to your audition appointment. Additional copies of the audition form will be available at auditions.
- Calendar: Please bring your calendar to auditions (or fill out the audition form calendar section in advance) so you can list all potential conflicts with rehearsal dates.
About the Show
Performance Info: Performances will take place at Unity Somerville in Davis Square from September 14 - 22 at 8pm, with a matinee on September 22nd at 3pm.
About the Play: Nominated for both the Pulitzer Prize for Drama and the Tony Award, Bent is a powerfully tragic and deeply revealing examination of the treatment of gay men in 1930's Germany. At that time, a law known as Paragraph 175 made homosexuality a crime for men, a law that Hitler strengthened during his ascent to power. Bent follows the story of Max as he and his boyfriend Rudy attempt to flee the country after the Night of the Long Knives.