About the Show
Performance Info: Performances will take place at Unity Somerville in Davis Square, Nov. 11–Nov. 18.
About the Play: Ferdinand of Space Station Navarre and his friends vow to avoid all terrestrial pleasures to pursue a life of study for the next three years, but when the Princess of Aquitaine and her ladies arrive at Space Station Navarre the previously made oaths prove to be impossible to hold. This production will be faithful to Shakespeare's text, yet we will focus on the fantastic comedy of the script, while playing with the possibilities of setting the Bard in the vast beyond.
General Audition Information
Auditions: Monday, Aug. 29, & Thursday, Sept. 1, by appointment only (slots at 7, 7:30, 8, 8:30, 9, and 9:30 pm).
Please read all the details on the audition information sheet, and fill in the webform at the bottom of this page to make an appointment. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.
If you have additional questions, need to cancel your appointment, or the webform doesn't work for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Audition Location: Unity Somerville, 6 William Street, Somerville.
Please note that parking is by permit only on William St. General parking is available on College Ave. Please read signs carefully to avoid ticketing.
- Audition Information: For complete audition information, including character descriptions and show requirements, please read through the audition information sheet.
- Audition Form: Please fill out both pages of the audition form and bring it with you to auditions. Additional copies will be available at auditions. Head shots and resumes are not requested.
- Audition Materials: Auditioners should prepare either a comedic classical verse monologue (Shakespeare preferred, 2 min. max) or one of the posted sides. Auditioners may also be asked to read from the script. Actors are encouraged to read for any role regardless of gender. Actors of color are strongly encouraged to audition.
- Audition Sides: Before auditioning, please review the audition sides. Please get comfortable with them, as you may be asked to read any of them.
- Calendar: Please bring your calendar to auditions (or fill out the audition form calendar section in advance) so you can list all potential conflicts with rehearsal dates.