About the Show
Performance Info: Performances will take place at Unity Somerville in Davis Square, May 12–20, 2017.
About the Play: Murder. Adultery. Revenge. Mourning Becomes Electra retells one of the most famous Greek tragedies, Aeschylus's the Oresteia, set in Civil-War-era New England. The play focuses on the Mannons and the tumultuous history that casts a dark shadow over General Ezra Mannon, his wife Christine, and his children Lavinia and Orin. When Lavinia uncovers her mother's murderous intents toward Ezra, she takes drastic action to protect her father and begins her own descent into evil, despair, and mourning.
General Audition Information
Auditions: Feb 26 & 28, by appointment only (slots at 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm). Callbacks, if necessary, will be on Mar 1, from 7–10pm at a different location.
Please read all the details on the audition information sheet, and fill in the webform at the bottom of this page to make an appointment. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.
If you have additional questions, need to cancel your appointment, or the webform doesn't work for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Audition Location: Unity Somerville, 6 William Street, Somerville.
Please note that parking is by permit only on William St. General parking is available on College Ave. Please read signs carefully to avoid ticketing.
- Audition Information: For complete audition information, including character descriptions and show requirements, please read through the audition information sheet.
- Audition Form: Please fill out both pages of the audition form and bring it with you to auditions. Additional copies will be available at auditions. Head shots and resumes are not requested.
- Audition Materials: Auditions will consist of readings from the Audition Sides. It is not necessary to prepare a monologue.
- Audition Sides: Before auditioning, please review the audition sides. Please get comfortable with them, as you may be asked to read any of them.
- Calendar: Please bring your calendar to auditions (or fill out the audition form calendar section in advance) so you can list all potential conflicts with rehearsal dates.